Wednesday, February 6, 2008

wild animals

Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep posting about my silent retreat in the midst of the everyday chaos that is my life?

Don’t get me wrong, I want to keep posting about it. And I will. Tomorrow.

But this week my life feels a little bit like my blog when I was away -- overrun by wild animals who carry food into the living room and smear peanut butter on the couch and make entirely too much noise.

(By the way, I enjoyed coming home and finding that my blog had been blogjacked. It brought a smile to my face and I am grateful for this forum to foster such a fun and generous community. I feel like one of the cool kids now! And I’m glad this is a place where you feel comfortable enough to kick off your shoes and just hang out for awhile. And don’t worry about cleaning up next time. As Twin A. reminded me this morning, “our house is ALWAYS messy.” Thanks, buddy. I’m feelin’ the love.)

But back to the wild animals who live in my house.

After asking to play Star Wars Wii at least thirty-nine times yesterday, Llama Papa was annoyed.

“For the last time, no. No Star Wars Wii today.”
“But WHY?” Twin A. whined.
“Because you’re driving me crazy,” Llama Papa answered.
“I know,” Twin A. responded, “But what does that have to do with playing Wii?”

You’ve gotta love the logic of a Kindergardener.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really do enjoy twin a's logic!

Craver Vii said...

Peanut butter. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

Wii. I can't get over the name of that thing. I wish I coulda been there though, to reinforce the Papa's verdict with an affirming nod. You know, poker face, arms crossed-- the whole deal. Don't let them break you, Llama Papa! I'm pullin' for you, Man!

Lara said...

"Lived in" - that's what I like to call it. And who can help that our children become like CAGED wild animals in the middle of an incredibly extreme winter like we're having? Oh for some sunshine & warmth!

Llama Momma said...

Nancy -- I enjoy his logic too. Sort of. (Which doesn't mean he gets to play wii whenever he wants to!)

Craver -- I'll pass along your support. He's a good papa. :-) (And no worries on the peanut butter. It goes with the squashed goldfish cracker stains...)

AMM -- So you're at WILD caged animals, huh? It's bad, isn't it?? I can hardly believe soccer starts in a month. I look at the calendar, I look outside, and think "HOW???"

MamaToo said...

I must confess, I read your blogjacking and had a moment of blog envy. Not nearly so much as reading your poems, though, and having silence envy. Hee, hee.
Hope the weather warms for you - or, you find an extra layer of warm clothes & get outside in the cold.
:)

Llama Momma said...

Blog envy? Of me? Oh my.

The silence thing, though. I can see that. :-)