Friday, February 1, 2008

retreat

After a week without words, I’m not sure how to describe the experience using them. This past five days have been the truest I have ever known. Difficult. Hard. But also true and real.

And God showed up, friends.

Not in the ways I thought He might, or even the ways I wanted Him to. But He showed up.

I’ll share slices of this week over time, but the whole experience feels so sacred, I’m not sure how much to say or how to say it. Be patient with me as I process and consider what the Lord has done.

It’s good to be home with the noisy boys again. Twin B. greeted me with, “Dad let us eat 26 marshmallows!”

Llama Papa assures me it was only 14.

In any case, they all survived.

It is good to be home.

4 comments:

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

I can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

For the record, we are talking mini-marshmallows. It was a treat and a counting exercise at the same time. :-)

Llamma Papa

Ted M. Gossard said...

interesting

Anonymous said...

As I read these entries I feel like I'm getting a small portion of the gifts God gave you on this retreat. Thank you so much for these words, they are wonderful.