Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the one where I scream for my life

What fun! We spent the long weekend here and had a blast. Traveling with kids is always a mixed bag, and on Saturday I was thinking, “Was all of this work worth it?” when Twin B. declared, “This is the happiest day of my entire life!”

It was worth it.

We shared a condo with good friends who have three boys the same ages as ours (6,6, and one-and-a-half). I know, weird. Ang and I met in a craft store when our twins were all babies. We literally came around the corner of an aisle and head to head with our double strollers. We became fast friends, and our boys have grown up together.

All four noisy boys loved the water slides and just hanging out together. When I asked them what their favorite part of the trip was, Twin A. said, “Going on the slides with my friends,” and Twin B. said, “Going on that big slide with you on the raft and watching you scream for your life!”

Um. Yeah. That about sums it up.

We got over a foot of snow while we were there, which was really something. Llama Papa had quite a time digging us out of the parking lot to go home, but once we were on the road, we had no problems.

Well, no weather induced problems anyway. And nothing that couldn’t be temporarily fixed by a bag of fruit chews.

It’s good to be home.

10 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Easy fix! :)

And this was a sweet slice of life.

(Oh, and thanks for stopping by the book club wiki. It's fun to share with everyone.)

Anonymous said...

I like the ego boost of the Dells, usually I'm the only mommy around the pool with all my teeth and no tattoos.

Llama Momma said...

LL -- I still don't get the lingo, but I love the wiki. :-)

Jenny -- HA!! So true. And might I add, they should not make or sell bikinis after a certain size...

chrissy said...

sounds like a great break from stuff!!!

Mandy said...

Oh wow...that looks amazing!! I know you guys had a blast! I would have totally been screaming, too! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, and I loved the post title.
Glad you're back safe and sound.

Llama Momma said...

Chrissy -- Well, it was a change of scenery anyway. And the kids had fun. It will get easier again when the baby is a bit older!!

Mommy Cracked -- It WAS amazing. We've gone a few times, and this was the first time the noisy boys really got into the slides. And they were into it! :-)

SP -- I just think it's so funny that out of EVERYTHING, he picked watching me scream as his favorite thing. I think he was so tickled that I was afraid of something and he wasn't.

Christine @ Serenity How? said...

How fun! We've got to find a way to get away more often...sigh...

Llama Momma said...

Christine -- getting away is a good thing. I'm already looking forward to summer and lots of camping trips!

Totallyscrappy said...

What a blessing it is to have friends with children the same ages! I've always wanted to visit The Dells... looks like fun.