Monday, June 25, 2007

update

The noisy boys have been exonerated. They weren't peeing on the floor, our toilet is leaking. That is either good news or bad news, depending on how you look at it.

And, in case any of you Moms read my last post on Summer Fun and are actually thinking about going on a slip 'n slide with your children, do not do it. I repeat: do not do it. My back is finally feeling normal again some four days later.

A dear friend has told me my blog is becoming an oasis of superficiality and encouraged me to post about more deep and meaningful topics. I told her the next time I have a deep and meaningful thought, I'll consider blogging about it! Seriously. Summer definitely limits my blogging time, which is not a bad thing. I'll get back to deep and meaningful posts at some point, I promise! Until then, enjoy my sporadic wandering thoughts. Or not.

I'll leave you with a friendly reminder: it's not too early to make out your Christmas lists! The noisy boys are sitting at the table, working on theirs right now. (I don't know what prompted their Christmas thoughts , but it's very cute!) So far, twin b. wants: a spy hat, seeds, a robot costume, and water bottles. Twin A. wants: two robots, a snowglobe, a pet turtle, and a shark.

11 comments:

Johanna said...

I've got two red eared sliders looking for a home. Free! tank,food everything that comes with them.

Craver Vii said...

Oasis of superficiality? I love it! If I were to start another blog today, I think that's what I would call it.

Lemme get this straight. Now the boys are not whizzing on the toilet, but the toilet is wetting on your boys? Eewwwww... Bad toidy!

Llama Momma said...

bramblerose -- hmmmm. Red eared sliders. Are those sharks or turtles? I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to having a real live pet. (Well, besides the ants, which should be here any day!) Tell me more. What do these creatures eat? Do they bite?

craver -- if it's not one thing, it's another. And, actually, Llama Papa informed me that he FIXED the toilet last night, so my update is already outdated! :-)

Oasis of Superficility. It's got a nice ring to it, doesn't it? But we would all miss Craverville -- you can't change your name!

Johanna said...

Oops! I must have been day dreaming. :) Red eared sliders are aquatic turtles. They eat turtle food it's similar to fish food. They can eat other things as well. These little guys love raisins. They don't bite. They are adorable basking on their dock soaking up the light.

FrazzMom said...

Oh no- not a repeat of the quest for the snowglobe! At least you have 6 months to find one...

Llama Momma said...

bramblerose -- so if these turtles are so great, why are you getting rid of them?

frazzmom -- I know. He's been into snowglobes for awhile now. I'm always on the lookout for them now, so it shouldn't be as tricky as last year!

Johanna said...

We're moving,and there isn't a good place for them at the new house.They were a gift from a relative and the boys have lost interest.
Ant farms are great. We had one, the boys loved watching them built their tunnels. Ants only live for about 3 months. That's the normal life expectancy. Although, we had two that lasted 5 months. They work in shifts. Oh and if one dies the others take care of the body.They turn him into manageable pieces and move him out to the surface.

spaghettipie said...

LM - I've missed you! Enjoyed catching up on your posts and it sounds like you guys are having so much fun at your house. It's been raining non-stop here, which stinks, because we are SO ready for some non-rain water time.

MamaToo said...

I like to think that you're spending your deep & meaningful thoughts on those boys right now, which is as it should be. :) Save the heavy blogging for when they can read more and play less! :)

Anonymous said...

The only problem with starting their Christmas lists now is that it gives plenty of time to grow and grow and grow. LOL

Llama Momma said...

mommy babble -- thanks for stopping by! Yes. I'm sure the list will grow as time goes on. But I love how organic they are. It wasn't written after a trip to Target. Twin A. really would like to have his own shark!

mamatoo -- yes. This is a season to be embraced and enjoyed!!

SP -- I hope you get some sunshine soon!

Bramblerose -- Still waiting on the ants...should be interesting!