Friday, June 8, 2007

a dream come true

The kids and I spent the better part of the morning wandering around the neighborhood, going to various garage sales. We now own two more big trucks that make lots of noise, and two more stuffed animals to keep the three thousand stuffed animals we already own company.

When we got home, there was a box waiting for us at our door. “What is that box?” Twin B. asked.
Glancing at the front of it, I evaded the question. “Let’s get these new trucks inside and check the batteries!”
It can’t be. No. Who would send that to us? I do mental gymnastics as I get down the battery box. It must be someone who reads my blog. Craver? Does Craver have my address?
“Mom? What about that box?” Twin B. asked again.
Finally, I go out and get the box. It’s inevitable at this point. And when they see the front, the noisy boys exclaim in unison: “AN ANT FARM!”
Twin B. talks a mile a minute as we bring the box inside. “It’s an ant farm, my very own ant farm just like on Max and Ruby! Oh, this is so exciting. A. – look – it’s our very own ANT FARM! This is the happiest day of MY LIFE. It’s a DREAM COME TRUE!”

We’re just a tad bit excited.

Our dear friend, LB, is so very generous. How will we ever repay her?

8 comments:

FrazzMom said...

I have to admit that when my kids really wanted an ant farm, I bought one for their classroom at school- Oh yes, I am a devious one!

Lara said...

Frazzmom - love your solution. I'm thinking my daughters' school could use a dog. Think they'll take it if I buy them one?

Craver Vii said...

An ant farm?? With or without chocolate?

spaghettipie said...

Wow, that's a very naughty prank to play on a mom...I like it! :)

WilyHacker said...

My girls will be looking forward to seeing them when they come over. They like bugs. The plastic ones that came home from the twins Birthday party last year keep showing up under mom's pillow. :-)

Llama Momma said...

We're actually still waiting on the actual ants. You send away for them after the farm arrives. But, the farm is all set up and they are VERY excited about it!

And, really, pet ants are better than a pet snake or rat. Right?

Right?!?

23 degrees said...

How fun!(Hide the magnifying glass.)

Sea Monkeys next?

Llama Momma said...

Oh yeah. They would LOVE sea monkeys.

Our pet situation is pretty pathetic. Twin A. finally made a dog out of cardboard, and he drags it around the house with him. Ants and sea monkeys are a big step up from that!! ;-)