Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nobody panic

In the words of a good friend: Christmas is not an emergency.

Okay. Now that I’ve got that out of the way, does anyone know where I can find snowglobes? The cheap, plastic kind with mary and joseph and the baby jesus inside? Or maybe santa? If you ask my almost-five year old son what he wants for Christmas, he won’t rattle off a bunch of toys or games. He wants a snowglobe collection. Not a snowglobe, mind you, but a COLLECTION of snowglobes. Where are all of the snowglobes hiding? I’ve managed to find three. Can three snowglobes be considered a “collection”?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three snow globes is a perfect start to a collection and if he realizes that a snow globe collection insn't "all that" you'll only have three to deal with!

I will tell you what a real emergency is....FIRE!!!!

to be continued!

Llama Momma said...

Fire? Oh no...what now, my friend??

L.L. Barkat said...

I would settle for snow, anywhere at all. 'Tis all green here in NY this Christmas.

Lara said...

We must have the same friend. I just had somebody say that (emergency bit) to me last night. I wasn't frantic or anything, just asking myself, "does it really matter if my dining room wall is bare when we host 29 people for dinner?". No, it doesn't. They'll never know the beautiful plan I had in mind.
Snowglobes? Did you try Walgreens?

Llama Momma said...

AMM -- already tried Walgreens...nada. And your dining room is beautiful just as it is. But 29 people? Holy cow!! What are you making?