Wednesday, October 15, 2008

planning to get sick

As you may have guessed from my previous post, the flu has been making its way through our household. No fun, but it did remind me to restock my “sick shelf” in the pantry.

Through the winter and spring months, I keep my pantry stocked with soda crackers, sprite, jello, and chicken noodle soup (my boys love the “Soup at Hand”). I also make sure we have plenty of paper towels, and as soon as someone in the family “drops,” we stop using cloth towels and switch to paper ones for drying our hands in the bathroom.

It’s a small thing, but when kids are barfing, it’s nice to not have to make a trip to the store.

Having a sick shelf works for me. Now head over to Shannon’s for more great tips! (And try to stay healthy. This flu thing stinks!)

3 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

This is a great reminder! I usually stock up on Pedialyte and Tylenol. You're absolutely right- SO much better to be prepared!

Sisters Savings said...

This is a great idea! Never thought about it like that, but I am always running to the store when the kids are sick! It is not easy. I will be stocking my "sick shelf" asap! Thanks!

Family O'Foxes said...

good reminders.
~Amy