Monday, December 3, 2007

grangers for Jesus

“I made a present for God,” Twin B. thrusts a carefully folded bit of paper and tape into my hands, “since His birthday is coming up.”
“How nice!” I encourage him, “what is it?”
“Well, I think God likes farms, since that’s where He was born.”
“It’s not God’s birthday, it’s Jesus’ birthday!” Twin A. shouts from the other room.
“Well, Jesus slept in this thing on the farm. I can’t remember what it’s called.”
“A manger?”
“Yes. That’s it. I made him a granger. To sleep in. And I’m going to put it by my bed and we can sleep next to eachothers.”
“I think God will like it.”
“Me too.”

 “For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, "I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me.” (Matthew 18:2-5; The Message)

6 comments:

FrazzMom said...

Love it! Sweet dreams, Twin B...

spaghettipie said...

That is absolutely precious. Thanks for sharing.

L.L. Barkat said...

We're all laughing here. (Had to read this one to my own little ones, who totally appreciated it!)

Alyssa said...

I've been meaning to stop by your blog for a while now. I took the leap from Spaghettipie's blog today and am glad I did. This story is adorable!

Llama Momma said...

Thank you, ladies, for stopping by and seeing the sweet goodness of this moment with my boy. So funny and tender all at the same time!

MamaToo said...

ahhhhh... rightfully labeled "perspective!" What a beautiful gift, Twin B.