Tuesday, October 9, 2007

community

“Do you think you can walk to school with us, or should we take the car?” I ask Twin B., currently crashed on the couch with a bad case of croup.
“I can’t walk,” he responds, rasping with each word.
“We’ll take the car then."
“Why don’t you call Grandma?” He reasoned, doing his best to look even more pathetic than he is.
“Good idea.”
So I did. Grandma happily came over while Twin A. and I walked to school. And because he had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for the afternoon, I asked a neighbor to walk Twin A. home.

Some days are just like this. There’s simply not enough of me to go around. Three boys often need to be in three different places at the same time—with baby b.’s “place” usually being his bed! I am grateful to live in community with family and friends and neighbors. And I wonder, how do people get by without this sort of community?

Recently, LL Barkat wrote a great post on her blog, Seedlings in Stone, about community as it relates to blogging. Can blogging provide true community? I chimed in on Seedlings with my opinion, and I’m sure she’d love to have you join in the conversation!

3 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

What a sweet picture of community in action. And I always love hearing stories of your kids.

hellolittlepeepers said...

How did your doctor's appointment go? We were at the doctor's this afternoon too. Ear infection. Yay.

Llama Momma said...

Hey Emily --

The doctor's appt. went well. She prescribed steroids for his lungs...

No more scary breathing!

Sorry about the ear infection. No fun!!!