Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WFMW - iced coffee treat

Finally, summer is here! At my house, that means long trips to the pool, entire days spent outside, and lots of watermelon.

It also means that most days, I’m one tired Mama.

One afternoon, desperate for a caffeine fix, but needing to stay home with a napping child, I concocted the following:

Mama needs Caffeine Iced Vanilla Coffee Treat

Fill a tall glass with ice.

Pour leftover coffee from the morning into the glass, filling about halfway.

Fill the next quarter of the glass with vanilla creamer (can be sugar free, if you want).

Now fill the rest of the glass with milk.

It’s not Starbucks, but it sure hits the spot on a hot summer afternoon! (And, as a bonus, it doesn’t cost four dollars a pop.)

Now make yourself a coffee treat and head over to Rocks in my Dryer and peruse more great recipes, five ingredients or less!

12 comments:

Mom's Marbles said...

I bet it tastes better and costs less than Starbucks too! Great tip!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! Thanks for the tip. I personally love McDonald's iced coffees but I'm not always in the mood to drive for one. This is a great substitute!

Llama Momma said...

mom I'm bored -- It's definitely NOT as good as Starbucks...but in a pinch, it tastes great!

Tammy said...

Anything with coffee in it is not a bad thing and this sounds good enough to hit the spot on these warm summer days!

Deanna said...

Aren't I lucky? I had leftover coffee and instead of pouring it on my geraniums (they are acid loving plants) I saved it. Must have been a God thing! I am going to make myself some of your yummy drink, hide in the laundry room and read some of my book. (I have boys too!)

Anonymous said...

even just "ice"
sounds good to me today.

my laundry is in the basement
which is
a very quiet place to hide.

Kelly said...

Yummy! I love iced coffee.

Amy said...

Mmmm.. I love iced coffee. We don't have a Starbucks close by, but I like the Burger King mocha joes. They are pretty good.

I also like experimenting with making my own.. I'll have to try your way now. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome tip thanks!

D'Anna said...

Sounds SO GOOD! I think I'll make one now! ; )

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

That's not a bad idea. We keep cold pressed coffee in the fridge along side our iced tea. I have a simple recipe if you want it. Just let me know!

Anonymous said...

I tried this today and it's very good! I bet if I whipped it up in the blender it would be like a frappacino! Mmmmm....