Thursday, July 31, 2008

paint chips and georgie rooms

Things are sizzling around here. We promised the noisy boys a new bedroom before school starts, and it’s been quite a project.

Their old room has an adorable Curious George mural on one wall. They loved it, until about a year ago. Since then, poor George has been covered with basketball stickers and spiderman posters.

Because I can’t bring myself to paint over George, not just yet, we decided to move baby b. into the “georgie” room. Which meant that the twins would move into the guest room, and the guests would move into baby b’s room, which means…a lot of painting.

And while we’re at it we may as well paint our room.

Right.

The painter has been here every morning this week, and our entire upstairs looks like it threw up clothes and sheets and books and stuffed animals. We’ve basically been camping out in our own house.

Fun.

I realize I’ve been quiet on this blog lately. Between trips to the pool and painting and vacations, I haven’t had much computer time. Once school starts, I’ll be back to posting more regularly.

Only nineteen more days. (But who’s counting?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

(::raising my hand::) I'm counting!!

And I don't even have any projects of such magnitude going on. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i like the line...
"our entire upstairs looks like it threw up clothes and sheets and books and stuffed animals"

that is a laugh maker for sure.

enjoy!

Mandy said...

Sounds like y'all have been busy! I think it's wonderful that you're getting some cinstructive things done. So you can relax when the kids go back to school. Hee-hee!

L.L. Barkat said...

Georgie room. Love it. I'm thinking of stories about what mischief George will get into once he has the cover of paint. :)

MamaToo said...

so glad to hear you have a real life, too! :) it's a good example and relief to know others get to "draft" bog posts while working on more tangible projects.

The painting & room moves sound fun - perhaps you'll have photos of the process & end results?

best blessings on the short 19 days ahead of you...
-mamatoo

Anonymous said...

Aww Dennis would love a Curious George room!

TJ Wilson said...

your home sounds a little like mine about now. enjoy...

The Oho Report said...

Your story brings back memories, I am glad my house is in the settled mode right now. Enjoy your short term nomadic lifestyle

Llama Momma said...

Thanks for all the comments! I'll post a picture when it's all done...whenever that will be...

The painting is done, but we're still waiting on new doors and trim and baseboards, so things are still pretty disheveled.

It's going to be great when it's done, though! And the noisy boys are loving their bunk beds. :-)