Sunday, January 21, 2007

An Unexpected Day!

Tonight, the Llama Momma is resting comfortably in the Llama Hospital.

She woke up this morning with stomach pain that quickly intensified. Grandpa came over to take care of the noisy boys and the baby. About 45 minutes later, the ER room was able to do an initial diagnosis that her gallbladder was the problem and then get her some pain relief. It took a couple of more hours and an ultrasound to confirm that she had gallstones. Upon reflection, Llama Momma realized that she has had several previous incidents though much less severe.

The arthroscopic surgery should happen tomorrow though, due to the Bears game, we haven't talked to the surgeon yet. After a hearty dinner of clear liquids (Would you like chicken broth or vegetable broth?) she was able to relax by reading a book . . . in a quite room . . . without interruptions from any five year olds. (She really hated that, by the way.) We were both reminded how very blessed we are to have good health insurance, a great hospital nearby along with family and friends willing to help out when we are in need.

Thank you for your prayers.

[Editor's note: This post was not written by the Llama Momma and should not reflect on her ability to spell, string together cogent sentences or otherwise communicate with the written word. And besides, who knew that gallstones had nothing to do with the French?]


For now... said...

How is it in the animal hospital? A real circus I bet!

love ya!

Craver VII said...

Mrs. Craver went through that last year. And while having gall stones is excruciatingly painful, the removal and recovery, (especially arthroscopically) is amazingly quick and uneventful. Take care to heed the physician's advice for recovery, and don't try to be too ambitious during your "down time."

For now... can contact Mrs. Craver if there is anything we can do for you, like take the kids for a day or something, okay?

Get well soon.

Ed G. said...

Llama Momma,

We were wondering where you were on Sunday morning when we didn't see you at the service. We'll be praying for you and the fam, of course. Is there anything we can do--i.e., bring you some meals, etc.? Please let us know. Peace.

A Musing Mom said...

LM-Hope things went well in surgery. Thanks so much for editing my manuscript while in the hospital. Let me know when I can take the boys for a day.

For now... said...

The llama is out of surgery and is feeling good. Pray she comes home today.

Llama Momma said...

Aw shucks. Thanks, guys, for all of your kind words and support! I'm happy to be home!

Anonymous said...

I just found this - years after the fact. Did I know that this was happening? Or did my brain just let me down again.
Oh - those gall stones really hurt bad. I'm glad you went and got help. Surgery is never fun - but feeling better and better after wards sure makes it worth it.
You are such a sweet heart bird. I'll always love you.