Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You put what, where?

Winter in the Midwest is harsh on the skin—especially the hands! After a recent round of a nasty cold and flu virus, I found myself with chapped and bleeding hands from washing them so often.

It was just before bedtime, and I couldn’t find my favorite hand cream. (The good, expensive stuff that actually works.) So I grabbed what was handy: Diaper rash cream.

We’ve used Paladin cream since our twins were born seven years ago, and love it. It’s thick and when the babies had a rash, it went away quickly with a thick layer of this stuff.

So I tried it on my hands overnight. And sure enough—in the morning, my hands were soft again!

It sounds strange, I know. But diaper rash cream on my hands in the winter is what Works for Me! Now head over to Shannon’s for more great tips!

5 comments:

Dave Roller said...

What a good idea! My wife has incredibly dry hands especially in winter. I will reccomend Paladin to her. Thanks!

everydayMOM said...

This sounds gross... but if you have a really bad cold and you have rubbed tissue on your nose until the skin around your nose is red and chapped, the diaper rash cream will heal that, too. Of course, the smell can be worse than the cure. =]

Niki Jolene said...

Thanks this is so timely...my hubby, BIL, and nephew all have this awful red chappedness across their hands.

:)

Anonymous said...

It's the zinc oxide in it. I used to be a gymnast, and when our hands would get calloused, our coach would have us put zinc oxide ointment on our hands overnight and it made a huge difference.
I've heard if you use it too much there can be a "backslide"...like your hands get too used to it and need more and more or they get worse and worse. I'm not sure if that's true though.

Anonymous said...

My hubby's hands get really dry and rough in the winter. He uses Eucerin creme, which helps. Our kids are long out of diapers so I don't think we have any diaper ointment around. hmmm... I've heard petroleum jelly also works.