Friday, March 14, 2008

any LOST fans?

I’ll admit it. I’m hooked, and have been since I watched that first, creepy season on DVD a few years ago.

If you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, don’t read the rest of this post, and don’t click on any of these other posts listed on Shannon’s blog either.

I’m just saying.

I was most disturbed by Jin’s supposed death. (And I say “supposed,” because what can we really know for sure when it comes to LOST?)

I didn’t like the way the writers manipulated that hospital scene to make us think Jin was rushing to the hospital to be with his wife when, really, it was some kind of flash back. That’s my theory anyway. I don’t think Jin was one of the Oceanic Six. I think the Panda scene was a flashback to a time before the plane crash, when Jin was still working for the bad guys. (And while we’re on the subject of the Panda thing, I will say I was getting frustrated with Jin. As a woman who has had the privilege of giving birth several times, I wanted to shout: JUST GO TO THE HOSPITAL ALREADY. YOUR WIFE WILL NOT CARE IF YOU BRING A STUFFED ANIMAL OR NOT.

So will Jin be the one to die next week? Maybe. He did say that he would do whatever it takes to protect Sun and the baby. Of course, maybe he sent Sun off to be rescued and simply stayed on the island, and Sun has to pretend he’s dead.

And Michael. Wow. He must be Ben’s spy on the boat. But how does Ben get everyone to do all of this stuff for him? A few weeks ago, we saw that even Sayid had succumbed to Ben’s powers, which both sickens me and rouses my curiosity. Who exactly is Ben and how does he get people to do the things they do?

As always, there are more questions than answers.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am LOST. I just love that show (even though it stalled horribly in season 2). I never want it to end. It's just tooooo good. Also, I found the "grave-side scene" odd, and my "they are trying to trick us" senses started tingling.

FrazzMom said...

I posted a comment last week on Shannon's blog predicting that Michael would be on the boat as Ben's spy and that he had to return to pay Ben back for getting him and Walt off the island. I'm still standing by that prediction, but we'll see... Everytime I think I have this show figured out- the plotline totally changes and throws me for a loop!

ohAmanda said...

I thought the same thing about the panda! And I DO NOT THINK Jin is dead! Well, at least he is NOT with Sun...he's still on the Island.

Kacie said...

I also agree that Jin with the panda is a flashback. The year of the panda was in 2000 or something, I believe (so way before Flight 815 even happened).

Also, Jin got his mean, bad-guy look and shouted that he'd kill the guy who took his cab. Old Jin would do that; post-island Jin wouldn't.

On another blog, I saw someone had focused on the date of death on Jin's tombstone. It was the same date as Flight 815...so something's fishy going on there, too!

Anonymous said...

Did you seriously just put up an entire post about LOST? Tell me you're just trying to drive traffic to your site.

:)
Just kidding.

Llama Momma said...

SP -- I know. How pathetic am I???

Liberty said...

I am a fan too. At least we know that there will be an end to the addiction next year. :)

ChosenRebel said...

I think Jin is still alive on the LOST island.

Jennwith2ns said...

Oh heck yeah. I would just like to say:

1) I predicted that Sayid would work for Ben when he said, "The day I trust him is the day I will have sold my soul."

2) I predicted that Aaron was Kate's "son" . . . don't ask me how . . . at some point when she was approaching her house, but before she got inside.

3) I predicted that Michael was Ben's spy on the boat.

But the whole Jin thing has thrown me for a loop. I have no idea what's going on with that one. Also, whatever happened with those two people who got buried alive. You know they have to turn up again at some point (even though they were annoying and seemed pointless).

Llama Momma said...

chosenrebel -- I'm inclined to agree with you. Now that I'm past my initial shock and emotional freakout over Jin being gone...it makes perfect sense that he's still living.

Llama Momma said...

Jenn -- You and your predictions. Amazing! And I hadn't even thought of those two people buried alive. Forgot about them, actually. Wouldn't THAT be interesting??