Thursday, April 1, 2010

man versus...park?

You know your kids watch too much "Man versus Wild" when you lock yourself out of your car and they immediately start looking for crickets and firewood.

I locked my keys in the van at the park, and you would have thought we were stranded in the middle of nowhere.

"So, we have one granola bar and no keys," B. said. Quickly adding, "I call it!"

He's got a sense of humor, that boy.

The noisy boys got right to work searching for crickets to make the cricket stew. When Llama Papa showed up to rescue us, the preschooler ran into his arms and said, "YOU SAVED US!"

From the doom of a suburban park.

And cricket stew.


"

5 comments:

Michelle said...

hahahahahahaha! Cricket Stew. That's funny. :)

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

This is hilarious! (and by the way...I cannot watch that show. i just hate to think of the possibilities!)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! It is good to know that you could survive if ever you were really stranded! :)

Unknown said...

Such bravery! Young boys to the rescue. But also good to see Dad come over the horizon.

Jenny from Chicago said...

I can't stop laughing about the crickets and firewood!! I have to share with you that I also locked us out of our car on our first spring trip to the park!!