I was recently tagged by my friend, Musing Mom, to list a few of my favorite books. For some of these, it’s hard to limit myself to just one, but here it goes!
1. One book that changed your life.
Other than the Bible, which seems like the obvious answer, it would have to be The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen
2. One book that you have read more than once.
Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey
3. One book you would want on a desert island.
4. Two books that made you laugh.
The Sacred Diary of Adran Plass by Adrian Plass
At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
5. One book that made you cry.
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
6. One book you wish you'd written.
Is Your Mama a Llama?
7. One book you wish had never been written.
I can’t remember the title, but it was one by Bret Easton Ellis. When one of my college professors assigned the book, he looked right at me and said, “Some of you may find this book offensive. If you don’t want to read it, that’s fine. I’ll assign you another book and you can sit out on our discussions.” It felt like a dare, so I read the book. I wish I hadn’t.
8. Two books you are currently reading.
Before We Get Started: A Practical Memoir of the Writer’s Life by Bret Lott
Becoming a Woman of Grace by Ruth Haley Barton
9. One book you've been meaning to read.
Silence by Shusaku Endo
Usually I don’t tag people on these things, but given that it’s about books and I love to hear what other people are reading, I’ll tag: Raising Cain, MamaToo, Marmot Mom, Ellen, and Chosen Rebel.
No pressure to participate if you’d rather not, but consider yourself tagged!