Wednesday, September 23, 2009

overwhelmed

This past few weeks have been difficult. Not in a crisis rush-to-the-ER kind of way, but in a nagging, worrying kind of way. Llama Papa and I have been talking through family decisions,** and in the midst of it all, I became just a tad bit overwhelmed. Or maybe a lot overwhelmed.

Somewhere in all of my worry, I cried out to God. It was one of those really articulate prayers that went something like this, “God? HELP!” And while there were no magic answers emailed from heaven (I’ve always thought God should get email), I did begin to loosen my grip on all of the what-ifs. Breathe. Trust.

If you’re at a crossroads today, give it a try. Ask.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)


** edited to add: We're not moving or planning any kind of radical change in our family. It's more day-to-day decisions with the kids that feel big and overwhelming sometimes.

9 comments:

Carol K. said...

Amen. A timely reminder for me.

everydayMOM said...

lots of "God, HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!" moments over here, too lately! hope you are getting help making those decision, whether big or small.

Marmot Mom said...

Trust is the word for the season of life we are going through right now. When I do trust, he asks me to trust a little more. I am a long way from my original definition of the word (!) but God is proving Himself faithful in all ways.

Mandy said...

It's definitely hard waiting to hear from Him and knowing what path to take, especially if you are impatient like me. I hope everything works out soon...I know it will. (hugs)

Patty Kyrlach said...

It's surprising sometimes--the answers that come when you ask for wisdom. May you be "overwhelmed" by God's grace and goodness and by the answers to the prayers of your heart.

Elizb said...

Praying that you are overwhelmed with peace that can only come from Him. Have been thinking of you lately...miss not running into you!

Smile said...

It's always encouraging and comforting to know that others are grappling with and learning from similar overwhelming situations. So thankful that we always have the Lord to help us through anything.

Anonymous said...

Llama Momma,
It must be an epidemic. It has certainly hit here in Texas. Yesterday was one of those "crawl in bed and hide" days. And, like you said, it isn't the HUGE life changes, it's the HUGE responsibility of the lives in our home. BUT, God is faithful. I'm being refined. The family is being cemented together, and as Anna Voskamp says, "All's grace."

Yes, it is.

Blessings!!!!

Connie said...

What a blessing that your husband talks those things out with you :)

"It's so much more friendly with two." (A.A.Milne)