Tuesday, September 8, 2009

mock chicken casserole

I was eating Mrs. Mike’s potato chips last night, and noticed a recipe on the back of the bag. I am not making this up.

Mock chicken casserole

Prepare cream sauce with the following ingredients: 1 T butter, 4 T flour, 2 ¼ C milk, ¼ tsp pepper, salt to taste. Simmer until smooth.

To this add the following: 1 can flaked tuna fish, ½ C sliced mushrooms, 4 oz always fresh potato chip crushed. Season to taste.
Pour in buttered casserole, sprinkle top with crushed potato chips. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 minutes.

I almost hate to ask, but, well, why not just call this tuna casserole? I see no possible way this concoction could taste even the slightest bit like chicken.

I’m just sayin.’

5 comments:

ChosenRebel said...

Touche. Unfortunately, we live in a world that delights in all things fake, case in point, "reality TV shows".

LeeAnn said...

Wow- now I totally have a craving for tuna casserole!

Llama Momma said...

Marty -- I think you're right. We live in a world of faux everything.

Marmot Mom said...

This is NOT a very good recipe. They totally left off the mocks! How do you know how many to put in??? Are they diced, chopped, julienned? Hmmph! My favorite potato-chip recipe is one I got 20 years ago for potato chip cookies. You laugh! They are addicting. (And I should know :))

Jennwith2ns said...

I love this. I think you have every right to "just say."

p.s. Word verification: hickbabi

;-)