Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rome Ants

I’ve never been a flowers and chocolates kind of girl. Oh, maybe early on in our courtship a dozen red roses on Valentine’s Day made my heart go all aflutter. But let’s get real––ten years of marriage and three kids later, the only thing that consistently goes aflutter are my thighs.

But that doesn’t mean romance is dead. On the contrary, it runs stronger than ever through the Llama household. It just looks different.

Today, it looked like my husband cleaning out the garage in 28 degree weather so I can park my mini-van out of the snow and ice. He’s gearing up for a two-week missions trip to Russia, and he didn’t want me to have to scrape my van while he’s away.

That, my friends, is love.

8 comments:

Marmot Mom said...

You go, Llama Girl! Many brownie points for spotting love in action. The other day I was groaning about the spilled cat litter in driveway. Then, I remembered that it had started snowing the other night while I was out, and Teacher Husband went out and scattered cat litter all around where I park my car so I wouldn't slip when I got out. His eyes were all round when I got inside and he said: "I was so worried about you falling on the ice!" What a blessed Marmot I am :)))

Llama Momma said...

MM -- It's true that many women miss the love. They wander around feeling sad because the "romance is gone..."

Honestly, once you pool finances, flowers are out and vacuuming is in! Or maybe it's just me...

PJ said...

Love is an action, not a feeling!!! I'm with you. My dear darling washes dishes, does laundry and nearly every morning makes me an orange/banana iced drink in the blender and delivers it before I'm out of bed. (No, he's not available!! Solidly taken!!) That's love!

Llama Momma said...

pj -- thanks for stopping by! And, yes...love is an action. The key for many of us is simply figuring out which actions equate love for our spouse. For me? It's all about the housework, baby. True love is spelled H-O-O-V-E-R.

;-)

Craver Vii said...

Kudos to your studly he-man. That's what honest masculinity is all about.

Llama Momma said...

Honest masculinity. I like that.

TJ Wilson said...

LM - love this. Just linked my post to this, it fit nicely with what I was trying to communicate. Your writing speaks to me.

Llama Momma said...

Thank you, TJ. You are an encouragement to me!