Monday, July 23, 2007

worship

Finally. A good night’s sleep. Between a tag-team flu bug and a middle-of-the-night domestic disturbance next door, it’s been something like four days since I slept all the way through. And I am not a good person without sleep. Seriously.

Twin A. and I stayed home from church yesterday. He had been sick for a few days, and even though he was feeling better, you never know.

After the rest of the family left, we played some card games and cuddled up on the couch. We chatted easily, and at one point, he asked to turn on some music. As he was looking through the CDs, he held up his VBS music and said, “This is the one! I’m in the mood to worship, aren’t you, Mom?”

Indeed. No sleep, vomity kids and a messy house. Let’s worship!

We sat on the couch and sang together:

“You are my strength when I am weak;
You are the treasure that I seek;
You are my all in all.
When I fall down you pick me up;
When I am dry you fill my cup;
You are my all in all.
Jesus, Lamb of God,
Worthy is your name!”

My children teach me so much, when I slow down long enough to listen.

“Taking my sin my cross my shame;
rising again, I bless your name;
You are my all in all.
Seeking you as a precious jewel;
Lord to give up I’d be a fool;
You are my all in all.”

“Where would we be without Jesus?” My son asked.

Where indeed.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

They are so smart, those kids! I know where I'd be without Jesus, for sure.

L.L. Barkat said...

A beautiful blessing. And this song is a good one for me to think on at the moment.

spaghettipie said...

hope you all are feeling better. thanks for your words of encouragement.